- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into bite-sized chunks or spears
- 1-2 tablespoons of your choice of sweetener (honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar for non-vegan, or agave nectar for vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Cooking spray or oil (for coating the air fryer basket)
1. Prepare the Pineapple:
- Start by peeling the pineapple and removing the tough core. Cut the pineapple into bite-sized chunks or spears, depending on your preference.
2. Sweeten the Pineapple:
- In a bowl, toss the pineapple pieces with your choice of sweetener. The amount you use will depend on your taste and the sweetness of the pineapple. If you like it less sweet, you can skip this step.
3. Add Cinnamon (Optional):
- If desired, sprinkle ground cinnamon over the pineapple and toss to evenly coat. Cinnamon adds a warm and spicy flavor that pairs well with pineapple.
4. Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
5. Coat the Basket:
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
6. Arrange the Pineapple:
- Place the pineapple pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure there’s some space between the pieces for even cooking. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
7. Air Fry the Pineapple:
- Air fry the pineapple at 350°F (175°C) for about 8-10 minutes, flipping or shaking the basket halfway through. Cooking times may vary depending on your specific air fryer, so keep an eye on the pineapple to prevent overcooking. The pineapple should become slightly caramelized and golden brown.
- Once the pineapple is done, remove it from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.