- Bone-in pork chops
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Seasonings (such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and herbs of your choice)
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to the desired temperature. Generally, 375°F (190°C) is a good starting point, but you can adjust it based on your air fryer’s recommendations.
- Prepare the Pork Chops: Pat the bone-in pork chops dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. This helps in achieving a crispier exterior. Season both sides of the chops with your preferred seasonings.
- Oil or Cooking Spray: Lightly brush the pork chops with a thin layer of olive oil or use a cooking spray. This helps in browning and crisping the pork chops.
- Arrange in the Air Fryer: Place the seasoned pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure there is some space between them to allow for proper air circulation. You may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is small.
- Air Fry: Cook the pork chops in the preheated air fryer. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chops. A general guideline is to cook them for about 12-15 minutes, flipping them halfway through. You can check for doneness by using a meat thermometer; the internal temperature should reach at least 145°F (63°C).
- Rest and Serve: Once done, remove the pork chops from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in juicier meat.
Remember that cooking times may vary based on your specific air fryer, so it’s essential to monitor the pork chops and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Additionally, the thickness of the chops will affect the cooking time. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked to a safe internal temperature.