1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1.25 cups mashed banana from 3 or 4 overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup organic raw sugar can use any type of sugar
- 1/3 cup light olive oil or any oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or powder
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped vegan dark chocolate
Preheat your oven at 350 F or 180 C. Grease and dust a 9 x 5 loaf tin.
In a large bowl, add the peeled ripe bananas and mash well with a fork. Mash thoroughly and measure the puree. You will need around 1 1/4 cup banana puree.
Now combine banana puree, olive oil, sugar in a bowl.
Using an electric beater or hand held wire whisk, whisk everything well until light and fluffy.
Add wheat flour, salt, vanilla powder baking soda to the wet mixture one by one in the mentioned order.
Cut and fold gently only until no flour streaks are seen. Do not over mix.
Throw in chopped walnuts and chocolate chunks. Fold very gently.
Pour the banana bread batter into prepared tin.
Bake in the hot oven for 35-40 minutes or until a tester comes put clean.
Let cool, slice and serve banana bread as snack or breakfast.
- Use overripe bananas for best results
- You can reduce sugar and use 1/4 cup if preffered
- Do not over mix the batter
- You can double the recipe.