Brunswick Stew is the stew you never knew you needed in your life. It’s a BBQ comfort meal that comes together quickly with minimal effort. It’s hearty, it’s delicious, and it’s a perfect way to use up leftover BBQ.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 pound grilled chicken thighs (diced)
- ½ pound smoked pulled pork
- ½ pound smoked brisket (chopped)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup Everything BBQ sauce (or your favorite ketchup-based BBQ sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- Saute vegetables. In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onions, bell pepper, and celery until soft (about 10 minutes). Stir in the garlic and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables. Slowly stir in the chicken thighs, brisket, and pulled pork. Pour in the chicken stock, canned tomatoes, corn, ketchup, Everything BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Simmer. Bring the stew to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Place a lid on the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency.
- Enjoy. Remove the stew from the stove and allow it to cool slightly. Serve warm with crusty bread.