- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 can (15 oz) pizza sauce
- 1 can (16.3 oz) refrigerated biscuits (like Pillsbury Grands)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil (for greasing the baking dish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with a little olive oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef (or turkey) until browned. Add chopped onions and bell peppers (if using) and cook until the vegetables are softened. Drain any excess grease.
- Stir in the pizza sauce, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- While the meat mixture is simmering, cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Add the quartered biscuits to the skillet with the meat mixture. Gently stir to coat the biscuits with the sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the biscuits are cooked through and the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your Bubble-up Pizza Casserole! You can serve it with a side salad or some extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite pizza toppings like pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, or any other ingredients you enjoy on pizza.