- 1 pound of cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Cook the Tortellini: Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook the Shrimp: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant. Then, add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the cooked shrimp from the skillet and set them aside.
- Make the Alfredo Sauce: In the same skillet, lower the heat to medium and add the heavy cream. Stir continuously and let it simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly. Gradually stir in the grated Parmesan, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese. Continue to stir until the cheese is fully melted and the sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine and Finish: Add the cooked tortellini and cooked shrimp back into the skillet with the Alfredo sauce. Gently stir everything together, making sure the pasta and shrimp are well coated with the sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to heat everything through.
- Garnish and Serve: Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the top for a burst of color and flavor. Serve the cheesy shrimp tortellini Alfredo skillet hot and enjoy!
This dish is rich and indulgent, making it perfect for special occasions or when you want a comforting, cheesy pasta meal. You can customize it by adding vegetables like spinach or sun-dried tomatoes for extra flavor and nutrition.