- 1 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature (also labeled Neufchatel cheese)
- 1/3 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning, (Trader Joe’s, Target’s Good & Gather, McCormick, and several other brands have a version)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, yogurt, milk, and chives until smooth. Season to your preference with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Refrigerate until using.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the flour. Use a spoon or fork to stir/toss to coat. Add the well-beaten egg white to the floured chicken and stir to coat. Sprinkle in the Everything Bagel seasoning and stir to coat the chicken pieces.
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan/walled skillet and bring over med-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and stir to break them up and coat them in the oil. Cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes, stirring every couple minutes (you don’t want to stir super frequently because the chicken needs time to brown and get a golden “crust” on each side). Once the chicken is cooked through and browned on the outside, remove from heat and serve with the dipping sauce from step one.