Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is tender, super-moist, and incredibly delicious! This easy-to-make recipe is full of bananas and chocolate chips with an added sprinkle of pecans, making it the ideal quick bread for breakfast, brunch, an afternoon snack, or dessert.
- ½ cup room temperature butter (1 stick)
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
To a large bowl, add butter and sugar. Using a wooden spoon, mix the two together until well blended. Add in eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla and stir until blended.
To a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently blend until just incorporated. Fold in ⅔ cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of pecans. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of batter. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove loaf pan from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
- To store this bread, I wrap it in a piece of and then wrap it in aluminum foil. It can also be sliced and put in an airtight .
- This bread freezes beautifully. Just wrap it in foil and place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw it on the counter and warm it in the oven or microwave when you’re ready to enjoy it.
Nutritional values provided are an estimate and will vary depending on the brands used.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Fat: 21g | Sugar: 21g