easy no knead bread
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf of artisan bread
PRINT RECIPE PIN RECIPE
Rosemary Garlic No Knead Bread! That’s right a loaf of artisan bread that requires no kneading and just 6 simple ingredients then baked to perfection in your Dutch Oven!!
- 3 cups all purpose flour or bread flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt or course sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped (hey add more if you love garlic!)
- 1 and 2/3 cups warm water
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, yeast salt, garlic and rosemary.. Mix it together. Add the water and stir until mixed. It will be a sticky, shaggy dough. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rise for 12-18 hours or up to 24 hours (I leave mine overnight 12-14 hours or so)
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Place your Dutch Oven into the oven for 30 minutes.
- While Dutch Oven is is heating, turn out your dough onto a floured surface. With floured hands gently form dough into a ball. (I barely handle mine) Place onto a piece of parchment paper until Dutch Oven is ready. Sprinkle with a wee bit of course salt if you like ( a little goes a long way)
- Once Dutch Oven is preheated, carefully remove from oven. Careful it will be very hot! Place the dough with the parchment into it. Cover with lid and return to oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove the lid and bake 12 -15 minutes more or until the crust is crispy and browned to your liking.
- Remove the loaf from the Dutch Oven and cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing. Enjoy!
- This bread recipe is adapted from various No Knead Bread recipes.
HERE ARE SOME DIFFERENT ADD INS FOR NO KNEAD BREAD, INSTEAD OF ROSEMARY AND GARLIC TRY THESE DIFFERENT FLAVOUR COMBINATIONS:
- Dried cranberries or raisins and seeds like sunflower and pumpkin
- Just seeds like pumpkin, sesame and sunflower
- Chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds, dried cherries, orange zest and cinnamon
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes and or artichokes, Italian seasoning or fresh basil or both!
- Mixed fresh herbs like rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano and fresh or roasted garlic
- Green olives stuffed with pimentos or garlic, chopped (one of my daughters fav’s to make!)
- Chopped pickled jalapeños and grated vegan cheese
- Sprinkle a little of your favourite course salt on top before baking (a little goes a long way) There are also some delicious salts out there that are infused with herbs and spices! YUM!!
Serves 10Serving Size: 1Calories Per Serving: 94