Air fried until perfectly golden & crispy with melted Mozza & marinara, this Eggplant Parmesan is a healthy & delicious dish!
- ▢1 large eggplant or two small
- ▢⅔ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ▢2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- ▢1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ▢¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢¼ cup flour
- ▢2 eggs beaten
- ▢1 cup marinara sauce plus additional for serving if desired
- ▢1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ▢fresh basil or parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Slice eggplant into ½” slices and dry with a paper towel.
- Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Place flour in another bowl and whisked eggs in another.
- Dip the eggplant slices in the flour, then the egg, and finally into the bread crumb mixture.
- Spray each side of the eggplant with cooking spray and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes then flip the slices over and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Place marinara sauce and shredded cheese on top and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and serve with additional sauce if desired.
Store leftovers in the fridge in a covered container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer or under the broiler until heated through and crispy again.