Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Total Time50 minutes
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 400 g (1 lb) mushrooms (closed cup, Forestiere or chestnut)
- 30 g (1 ounce) porcini mushrooms, rehydrated (reserve the water)
- 1 medium carrot
- 2-3 celery sticks
- Fresh thyme, 2 sprigs, minced
- Fresh rosemary, 1 sprig, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 150 g (1 cup) wild rice mix
- 1 liter (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 200 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- Baby spinach, 2 handfuls
- Set your pressure cooker to Saute function and add the butter. When it’s melted, add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes until they soften.
- Add the mixed mushrooms and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes until they reduce in size. Add the rehydrated porcini mushrooms and continue to cook for another minute.
- Next, add the thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf to the pot and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Deglaze with some of the water you used to rehydrate the porcini mushrooms in.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pot together with the vegetable stock. Give it a good stir and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Set the pressure cooker to High for 25 minutes and quick release.
- Stir in the coconut milk and add the spinach to the pot. Close the lid for 1-2 minutes to allow the spinach to wilt. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread and topped with some vegan parmesan if you like.