- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the mixture and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough and roll them into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Use a fork to make a criss-cross pattern on each cookie by gently pressing down on the dough with the tines of the fork.
- Optional: You can sprinkle a little granulated sugar on top of each cookie for added sweetness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious homemade Peanut Butter Cookies!
Note: You can customize this recipe by adding chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or other toppings to the dough for extra flavor and texture.