- 350g (12oz) Chicken Livers
- 50g (3 Tbsp) Butter
For the Peri Peri Sauce
- 15g (6-7) Thai Birds Eye Chilli Peppers
- 70g (2 Medium) Banana Shallots
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Malt Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- ½ Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ Tsp Dried Rosemary
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Cut the stems off the chilli peppers and add them to a mini blender.
- Cut the shallots in half, peel them and roughly chop them then throw them in the blender.
- Peel the garlic cloves and add them to the blender.
- Pour in the vinegar, water, and lime juice and add the smoked paprika, basil, oregano, rosemary and salt, then blend to a smooth sauce.
- Heat a 30cm or 12″ nonstick frying pan over a high heat and when it is hot add the butter.
- When he butter begins to foam add the chicken livers and saute for 3-4 minutes getting a nice colour on the liver.
- Add the sauce, saute for another 2 minutes and serve hot.