- Prep Time 10 M
- Cook Time 1 H 5 M
- Total Time 1 H 15 M
- Servings 6
- 1 lb fresh green beans washed and cut
- 1/2 lb ham cubes
- 4 large russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Place the ham and onions into a large pot. Drizzle the vegetable oil into the pot, and turn the heat to medium. Brown the ham, and the onions then pour in the water.
2. Turn the heat up to medium high, and let boil for 30 minutes.
3. Add in the green beans, and reduce the heat to medium.
4. Cook for 10-15 minutes, then add in the potatoes.
5. Cook until the potatoes are tender.