Tender Roasted chicken drumsticks marinated in yogurt, warm tandoori spices, and cooked to perfection
• ▢6 chicken drumsticks
• ▢⅓ cup plain yogurt
• ▢1 tablespoon ginger paste
• ▢1 tablespoon garlic paste
• ▢1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chili powder or any other mild red chili powder
• ▢½ teaspoon ground turmeric
• ▢1 teaspoon garam masala
• ▢1½ teaspoons kosher salt
• ▢1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves Kasoori methi
• ▢1 tablespoon lemon juice
• ▢cooking oil spray
• Pat dry the chicken drumsticks with a paper towel. Then using 2 pieces of paper towels, pick up one drumstick and pull the skin down from the thickest part of the chicken to the narrow end and remove the skin. Repeat for the remaining chicken drumsticks. Paper towels will help you get a grip on the skin and remove it easily.
• Make 3-4 slits across the thick part on each drumstick.
• Add yogurt, ginger, garlic, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, and salt. Place the dried fenugreek leaves on the palm of your hands and gently crush them rubbing the hands together. Add to the chicken. Add lemon juice and mix everything coating the chicken with the marinade
• Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 20 minutes or you can also marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
• Preheat the air fryer to 350°F. Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil. Line the marinated chicken in the basket and spray with oil.
• Air fry at 350°F for 15 minutes. Shake the basket halfway and lightly spray with oil.
• Once the cooking cycle is completed check the internal temperature of the thickest piece and make sure it’s at 165°F. You may continue to cook the chicken or add 1 to 2 minutes for charred marks but make sure not to overcook.
• Serve with fresh lemon wedges, cilantro mint chutney. Pair it with the crunchy cucumber salad for a delicious low carb meal.