Ingredients for a 12-cup yield (can easily be halved)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, or preferred oil
- 2 Green Onions, sliced (white and green part separated)
- 2 large Carrots, diced
- 2 ribs Celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Green Curry Paste
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 (13.5 ounce can) Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup Green Beans, chopped
- 2 cups Cabbage, chopped
- (optional) Cilantro, Thai Basil, and Lime, chopped
6 qt Instant Pot or 4-quart sauce pot
Instant Pot Instructions (stove instructions in recipe notes below)
Select “Sauté” on the Instant Pot and heat the COCONUT OIL.
When the display reads “Hot”, add GREEN ONIONS, CARROTS, CELERY, GINGER, and GARLIC. Sauté a few minutes until tender, stirring as needed.
Stir in CURRY PASTE to coat and sauté a few minutes until fragrant.
Add COCONUT MILK, VEGETABLE BROTH, MUSHROOMS, BROCCOLI, CAULIFLOWER, GREEN BEANS, and CABBAGE. Stir to combine.
Press “Cancel” on the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and set pressure release valve to “Sealing” position.
Select “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” for 0 (zero) minutes on HIGH pressure, followed by a 5 minute natural pressure release (NPR).
Yes, that’s zero minutes which is still plenty of time to cook the vegetables.
Carefully turn the pressure release knob to release any remaining steam and open the lid.
Serve warm, garnished with GREEN ONION tops and (optional) CILANTRO, THAI BASIL, and LIME.
In a 4-quart soup pot, heat COCONUT OIL on medium-high. Sauté GREEN ONIONS, CARROTS, and CELERY until tender. Add GARLIC and GINGER, and sauté a few minutes. Stir in CURRY PASTE to coat and sauté a few minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and adjust heat to high. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked to your desired tenderness. Serve warm (see serving notes above).
- To add more coconut flavor and thickness to this soup, substitute one 15oz can of coconut cream for the vegetable broth in this recipe.
- For spicier curry, use 3 Tbsp Green Curry paste. For milder curry, use 1 Tbsp.
- You can use any veggies for this soup!
- To add tofu to this soup, I’d press excess moisture out of the tofu and cut it into cubes. Then, before step 2 in the recipe, saute the tofu until it’s slightly crispy, transfer to a plate, resume step 3, and add it back to the soup at the end.