1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2–3 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I pull mine off a store bought roasted chicken and save the carcass for homemade broth. I also save additional meat for salads or pizzas throughout the week!)
1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
1 can (15-1/2 ounce) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups chicken broth
4 ounces fresh roasted and chopped green chilies (or 1 4oz can chopped green chilies)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
7 oz plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large soup pot over medium high heat, add the oil. Sauté the onion until translucent, about three minutes. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken. Stir together and then slowly pour in the white wine (or 1/4 cup chicken broth) using a wooden spoon to work up all the browned bits on the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Let sauté for another two minutes.
- Add the beans, corn, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- At this point you can taste and add any addtiinoal salt or pepper if needed and serve just like this. But for a super creamy chili:
- Remove from the heat; stir in greek yogurt and cream. Serve!