PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes
- 250 g (½ lb) orecchiette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 250 g (½ lb) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 125 g (¼ lb) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ½ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, and cook the orecchiette al dente according to the instructions on the package. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the leek and mushrooms. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the mushrooms are soft and slightly golden.
- Stir in the garlic and red chilli flakes and continue to cook for another minute.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the pan and toss well. Add a bit of pasta water if it looks too dry.
- Stir in the fresh parsley and dill, season to taste and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 231TOTAL FAT: 11gSATURATED FAT: 2gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 9gCHOLESTEROL: 0mgSODIUM: 92mgCARBOHYDRATES: 28gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 3gPROTEIN: 7g