PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME35 minutes
TOTAL TIME45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, finely diced
- 450 g (1 lb) chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 300 g (10.5 oz) carnaroli rice
- 75 ml (2.5 fl oz) dry white wine
- 1.25 (5 cups) litres vegetable stock
- 150 g (5.3 oz) frozen peas
- 30 g (1 ounce) vegan Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep pan and sauté the shallots for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until they soften a bit.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes until most of the liquid has gone and the mushrooms are slightly golden.
- Stir in the garlic and thyme and continue to cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the rice to the pan and toast it for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Next, stir in the white wine and cook until the alcohol has mostly evaporated.
- Lower the heat to low-medium and start adding the veggie stock, one ladle at a time. Stir often but not continuously, and add more stock gradually.
- When you’ve added half of the stock, stir in the frozen peas, then continue to add the rest of the stock and simmer gently until the rice is al dente and the risotto creamy.
- Stir in the vegan Parmesan, season to taste and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 294TOTAL FAT: 10gSATURATED FAT: 2gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 7gCHOLESTEROL: 6mgSODIUM: 1128mgCARBOHYDRATES: 40gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 7gPROTEIN: 10g