WEIGHT WATCHERS BANANA MUFFINS
yield: 18 muffins
- 2 1⁄4cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2cup sugar, can use artificial sweetener such as Splenda if desired
- 1⁄2cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2eggs or 4 egg whites
- 1⁄3cup canola oil
- 2very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2cup skim milk buttermilk or 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line eighteen muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the sugar, applesauce, eggs and oil until frothy. With the mixture at low speed, alternately add the bananas and buttermilk with the flour mixture; stire until just combined (do not overmix).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the cups and cool completely on a rack.