For the naan bread:
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (or reduced-fat cheese)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Cooking spray (e.g., olive oil spray) for brushing (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and fat-free cream cheese. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the cheeses are fully melted and combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture and the eggs to the melted cheese mixture. Mix well until you have a dough-like consistency. If the dough is too sticky, you can add a little more almond flour.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Take one portion of the dough and place it on the parchment paper. Use your hands to flatten and shape the dough into a naan bread shape, about ¼ to ½ inch thick.
- Sprinkle a bit of shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped cilantro on top of the naan, if desired.
- Repeat the process with the remaining portions of dough.
- Lightly spray the tops of the naan bread with cooking spray for a crispy texture.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the naan bread is golden brown and cooked through.
- Once the naan bread is done, you can optionally brush the tops with ghee or melted butter for added flavor. (Note: Be mindful of added SmartPoints when using butter or ghee.)
- Allow the naan bread to cool slightly before serving.