- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, cut into strips
- Cooking spray
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, shredded reduced-fat cheese, chopped green onions
- In a large pot, spray with cooking spray and sauté the chopped onion over medium heat until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the shredded chicken, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes (with juice), diced green chilies, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the tortilla strips on a baking sheet and spray them with cooking spray. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.
- After the soup has simmered, stir in the Greek yogurt and lime juice. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped cilantro and tortilla strips. If desired, add optional toppings like avocado slices, shredded cheese, and chopped green onions.
Note: Remember to check the SmartPoints value of each ingredient and adjust portion sizes accordingly to fit your dietary needs.
Enjoy your creamy chicken tortilla soup!