For the Cauliflower:
- 4 cups bite-sized cauliflower florets, rinsed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten (or egg substitute if desired)
- 2 cups whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray (olive oil or non-stick)
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (look for a lower-calorie option)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (adjust to taste)
- Juice from half a lime
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- A handful of cilantro, finely minced
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Create a breading station with three large bowls. In the first bowl, place the whole wheat flour. In the second, add the beaten eggs. In the third bowl, put the whole wheat panko breadcrumbs.
- Working in batches, take some of the cauliflower florets, and coat them first in the whole wheat flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip them into the beaten eggs, ensuring they’re well coated. Finally, place the cauliflower in the panko breadcrumbs, pressing them gently to adhere. Place the coated cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet.
- Once all the cauliflower florets are coated, lightly spray them with cooking spray, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden. Then, flip the florets and spray the other side with a little more cooking spray. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown all over. Keep an eye on them toward the end to prevent burning.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the sauce by mixing the Greek yogurt, light mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, and lime juice in a bowl. Adjust the sriracha to your desired level of spiciness.
- Once the cauliflower is done baking, transfer it to a serving dish, and drizzle the sauce over the top. You can also serve the sauce on the side for dipping.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and minced cilantro before serving.