- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are a healthier alternative to the original recipe, with whole wheat flour and less sugar. However, please note that the SmartPoints value will depend on the specific products and brands you use, so you may want to calculate the SmartPoints based on the ingredients you choose and your portion size. Enjoy your Weight Watchers-friendly Blueberry Muffins!