For the Cheesecake Mixture:
- 8 oz (225g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Pinch of salt
For the Salad:
- 4 cups (about 1 lb or 450g) mixed fresh fruits (e.g., strawberries, blueberries, grapes, kiwi, etc.), washed, hulled, and sliced if needed
- 1 cup (240ml) mini marshmallows (optional)
- 1 cup (240ml) chopped nuts (e.g., pecans, walnuts) (optional)
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the Cheesecake Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice (if using), and a pinch of salt. Continue to beat until well combined and smooth.
- Assemble the Salad:
- Gently fold the mixed fresh fruits into the cheesecake mixture. Be careful not to crush the fruits.
- Optional Add-Ins:
- If desired, fold in mini marshmallows and chopped nuts for extra texture and flavor.
- Place the salad in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours to allow the flavors to meld and the salad to chill.
- Before serving, garnish with mint leaves if using.
- Serve your cheesecake salad chilled and enjoy this delightful dessert.
Note: You can customize this recipe by using your favorite fruits and adjusting the sweetness to your liking.
Feel free to get creative with the fruit combinations and toppings. This salad is quite versatile and can be adapted to suit your preferences. Enjoy your cheesecake salad!