1 pound ground turkey or chicken (skinless, lean ground meat) 1 small onion, chopped 1 bell pepper, chopped 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed 1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained 1 can (15 ounces) red enchilada sauce (check the WW points on the label) 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese 8 small whole wheat tortillas 1 teaspoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon cumin Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey or chicken over medium heat until it’s browned and cooked through. Add the chopped onion and bell pepper and cook until they are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Add the black beans and corn to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Spread a small amount of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Lay out one tortilla, add a portion of the turkey or chicken mixture, and roll it up. Place it in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve your WW enchilada casserole with a side of fresh salsa, a dollop of non-fat Greek yogurt or light sour cream, and some chopped fresh cilantro if desired.