For the Crust (optional, not zero points):
- If you want a crust, consider using a low-point or reduced-fat graham cracker crust or a crust made from crushed fiber-rich cereal or ground oats. Keep in mind that the crust will add points.
For the Filling (zero points):-
- 15 oz can of pumpkin puree (make sure it’s 100% pure pumpkin)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Artificial sweetener to taste (use a zero-point sweetener like Stevia or Monk Fruit)
1. Preheat the Oven:
- If you’re using a crust, preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the crust package for pre-baking (if required).
2. Prepare the Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, unsweetened applesauce, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, ground ginger, and artificial sweetener to taste. Adjust the sweetness to your liking.
3. Assemble the Pie:-
- If using a crust, spread it evenly in a pie dish.
- Pour the pumpkin filling mixture into the crust or directly into the pie dish if you’re not using a crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven according to the package instructions for the crust, or at 350°F (175°C) for about 25-30 minutes for a crustless pie, or until the filling is set.
5. Cool and Serve:
- Allow the pumpkin pie to cool before slicing and serving.