- 1 large russet potato
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (e.g., rosemary, thyme, parsley)
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the Potato: Wash and scrub the potato thoroughly. Dry it with a paper towel. Use a sharp knife to make a series of deep, evenly spaced cuts along the length of the potato, but be careful not to cut all the way through. You want to create a fan-like pattern with the slices, and the bottom should remain intact.
- Season the Potato: Carefully brush or drizzle olive oil over the potato, making sure to get the oil into the slices. Season with salt, pepper, and minced garlic, if desired.
- Air Fry the Potato: Place the prepared potato in the preheated air fryer basket. Cook at 375°F (190°C) for about 35-40 minutes. The exact cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer, so check the potato’s doneness using a fork or toothpick. It should be tender and crispy on the outside.
- Optional Cheese Topping: If you’d like to add a cheesy touch, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the potato during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- Finish with Herbs: Just before serving, sprinkle fresh herbs over the potato for added flavor and color.
- Serve: Carefully transfer the blooming baked potato to a serving plate. You can serve it as a side dish with sour cream, chives, or any of your favorite toppings.