- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: butter, sour cream, grated cheese, chives, bacon bits, or any of your favorite potato toppings
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and scrub off any dirt. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Prick each potato several times with a fork to allow steam to escape while they cook. This helps prevent the potatoes from bursting in the air fryer.
- Rub the potatoes with a thin layer of olive oil, making sure they are well coated. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the prepared potatoes in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are not overcrowded to allow for even cooking.
- Cook the potatoes in the air fryer at 400°F (200°C) for about 40-50 minutes, turning them halfway through the cooking time. The exact time may vary depending on the size of the potatoes and the specific air fryer you’re using. Check for doneness by inserting a fork or knife into a potato; it should go in easily, and the skin should be crispy.
- Once the potatoes are done, carefully remove them from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Slice open each potato and fluff the insides with a fork.
- Add your desired toppings, such as butter, sour cream, grated cheese, chives, bacon bits, or any other toppings you like.
- Serve your air fryer jacket potatoes hot and enjoy!