This air fryer kalbi (galbi) short ribs recipe is a fantastic way to enjoy the Korean delicacy without the need for a traditional grill. Tender and juicy meat is infused with a homemade, sugar-free marinade then cooked to perfection. This Korean inspired beef recipe is healthy low-carb, paleo & Whole30 compatible and the best part…it air fries in under 10 minutes!
- 3 pounds 3/8-inch sliced bone-in short ribs
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch salt & pepper
- In a large bowl or sealable plastic bag, mix together all the marinade ingredients. Add the short ribs and toss to evenly coat. Cover & marinate in the refrigerator 2 hours to 24 hours. Turn the short ribs once during marinating time.
- 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook the short ribs, remove them from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature.
- When ready to cook, remove the steaks from the marinade and add to the air fryer basket. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Add the short ribs to the air fryer basket in a single layer. You may have to cook these in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook 400 degrees for 5-8 minutes, flipping halfway through.