Indulging in a perfectly cooked ribeye steak is now effortlessly achievable with the magic of an air fryer. Elevate your dining experience with this simple yet exquisite recipe, where the air fryer becomes your culinary ally in crafting a succulent and flavorful ribeye steak.
Preparation and Seasoning: Begin by allowing the ribeye steak to reach room temperature, a crucial step for ensuring even cooking. After patting the steak dry, brush it with a touch of olive oil to enhance the searing process. Generously season both sides with salt and pepper, and if desired, elevate the flavor profile with additions such as garlic powder, onion powder, or smoked paprika.
Optimal Air Fryer Preheating: Achieving the perfect sear starts with preheating your air fryer to 400°F (200°C), creating an ideal cooking environment. This preheating process takes only a few minutes, setting the stage for culinary excellence.
Precision Cooking: Gently place the seasoned ribeye steak in the preheated air fryer basket, allowing for sufficient air circulation. Cook at 400°F for 10-12 minutes for a medium-rare doneness, flipping the steak halfway through to ensure uniform cooking. Adjust the cooking time according to your preference, extending it for a medium or well-done result.
Checking Doneness: For precision, employ a meat thermometer to monitor the internal temperature. Aim for 135°F (57°C) for medium-rare and 145°F (63°C) for medium. This guarantees a steak that is not only visually appealing but also perfectly cooked to your liking.
Resting Period: Remove the steak from the air fryer and allow it to rest for a few minutes before slicing. This essential step permits the juices to redistribute within the meat, ensuring a juicy and flavorful outcome.
Presentation and Serving: Slice the ribeye against the grain, unveiling a mosaic of perfectly seared, mouthwatering goodness. Serve alongside your favorite accompaniments, whether it be a medley of roasted vegetables, velvety mashed potatoes, or a refreshing salad. The result is a culinary masterpiece that transforms a simple ribeye into a gourmet delight.
Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- Ribeye steak(s)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, or your favorite steak seasoning
- Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). This typically takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare the Steak:
- Remove the ribeye steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about 20-30 minutes. This helps the steak cook more evenly.
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels. This helps to achieve a nice sear.
- Season the Steak:
- Brush both sides of the steak with a bit of olive oil to help the seasoning adhere.
- Season the steak with salt, pepper, and any optional seasonings or spices you prefer. Be generous with the seasoning for a flavorful crust.
- Place in the Air Fryer:
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place the seasoned ribeye steak in the air fryer basket. Make sure there is some space around the steak for proper air circulation.
- Cooking Time:
- Cook the steak at 400°F (200°C) for about 10-12 minutes for medium-rare, adjusting the time based on your desired level of doneness. Add a few minutes for medium or well-done.
- Flip the Steak:
- About halfway through the cooking time, flip the steak using tongs. This helps ensure even cooking on both sides.
- Check for Doneness:
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. For medium-rare, aim for 135°F (57°C); for medium, aim for 145°F (63°C).
- Rest the Steak:
- Once the steak reaches your desired level of doneness, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute and keeps the steak juicy.
- Slice the ribeye against the grain and serve immediately. You can pair it with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a simple salad.