- 1 medium head of green cabbage
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional seasonings (garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the cabbage, and cut the cabbage into 1-inch thick slices, creating “steaks.”
- Place the cabbage steaks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a lightly greased baking dish.
- Brush both sides of the cabbage steaks with olive oil. You can use a pastry brush for even coverage.
- Season the cabbage steaks with salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings you prefer. You can get creative with your choice of seasonings to suit your taste.
- Place the baking sheet or dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cabbage is tender and the edges are browned and slightly crispy. You may want to flip the cabbage steaks halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
- Once done, remove the cabbage steaks from the oven and serve immediately. You can also garnish them with a sprinkle of fresh herbs or a squeeze of lemon juice for added flavor….