For the Lemon Loaf:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from the same lemons used for zest)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat your air fryer to 320°F (160°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set this aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, which should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in several additions, alternating with the milk and lemon juice, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Grease a loaf pan that fits inside your air fryer. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top.
- Place the loaf pan in the preheated air fryer basket. Cook at 320°F (160°C) for about 30-35 minutes. The exact time may vary depending on your air fryer, so check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf; it should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Once the lemon loaf is done, remove it from the air fryer and allow it to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the loaf is cooling, prepare the lemon glaze by mixing powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl. Adjust the consistency by adding more sugar or juice as needed.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled lemon loaf.
- Allow the glaze to set for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy your delicious lemon loaf!