- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies
½ cup all-purpose flour, lightly packed + 2 tablespoons
½ cup blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup butter, softened
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
⅓ cup frozen blueberries
zest from 1 lemon (only yellow parts)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- Microwave frozen blueberries in a microwave safe bowl for 45 seconds. Let cool slightly, then mash with a fork until mostly pureed. The mixture will be watery – that’s ok.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, almond flour, salt and baking powder.
- Place softened butter and sugar in the bowl of a standup mixer and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add mashed blueberries and lemon juice to the butter-sugar mixture. Beat on high until the blueberries are completely incorporated, about 5 minutes. At the beginning the dough will look curdled which is normal. You may need to stop the mixer and scrape the sides once or twice.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mixture and lemon zest and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Repeat two times until all the flour is used up and purple cookie dough forms.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat up the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- After 30 minutes in the freezer, form 12 cookie dough balls using a small cookie scoop or a spoon and drop onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
- If you prefer thinner cookies, press them lightly with the back of a spoon once straight from the oven and very hot. If you like thicker cookies, you can omit this step.
- Place on a cooling rack and let the cookies cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Justine Snacks.
Only use yellow part of the lemon zest and avoid the white part of the rind (it’s bitter).
Butter should be at room temperature.
Use vegan butter to make these cookies dairy free.
This recipe makes 12 medium sized cookies.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|