- 1/2 cup reduced-fat butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated artificial sweetener (like Stevia or Splenda)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the reduced-fat butter, artificial sweetener, and vanilla extract together until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour and salt to the mixture, mixing until a dough forms. You might need to use your hands to fully incorporate the flour.
- Roll the dough into a log shape and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to firm it up.
- Slice the chilled dough into cookies of your desired thickness and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.