When it comes to creating a delicious and nutritious meal, it can be tough to come up with something that is both tasty and healthy. But this recipe for collard green dip stuffed chicken breast, yellow rice, asparagus, and Hawaiian rolls is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. This meal is packed with protein, fiber, and a host of other essential vitamins and minerals, making it a great choice for those looking to eat well without sacrificing flavor.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of collard green dip (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 cups of cooked yellow rice
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 4 Hawaiian rolls
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to make a pocket in the center of each breast.
- Spoon the collard green dip into the pockets of the chicken breasts, making sure to fill them up as much as possible.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place them in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the yellow rice according to the package instructions.
- Trim the ends off of the asparagus and then steam them for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half and toast them in the oven for a few minutes.
- Serve the chicken breasts over a bed of yellow rice, with the asparagus on the side and the Hawaiian rolls on the side.
One serving of this recipe (1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup of yellow rice, 1/4 pound of asparagus, and 1 Hawaiian roll) provides approximately:
- 400 calories
- 40 grams of protein
- 45 grams of carbohydrates
- 8 grams of fiber
- 8 grams of fat
This meal is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron. The collard green dip provides a great source of vitamin K, which helps to promote healthy blood clotting and strong bones. The yellow rice is a complex carbohydrate, which provides energy and helps to keep you feeling full for longer. The asparagus is a great source of vitamin K and vitamin C, which helps to boost the immune system. The Hawaiian rolls provide a source of carbohydrates, which help to provide energy and keep you feeling full for longer.
Variations and Tips
- If you’re looking to add some extra flavor to this recipe, try adding some herbs or spices to the chicken breasts before baking. Some great options include garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and thyme.
- If you’re looking to make this recipe even more nutritious, try using brown rice instead of yellow rice. Brown rice is a whole grain and provides more fiber and nutrients than white rice.
- If you’re looking to make this recipe even more filling, try adding some beans or lentils to the yellow rice. This will add some extra protein and fiber to the meal.
- If you’re looking for a vegan or vegetarian option, try using Tofu or Portobello mushroom instead of chicken breasts.
This Collard Green Dip Stuffed Chicken Breast with Yellow Rice and Asparagus is a delicious and healthy meal that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. The collard green dip adds a unique and flavorful twist to the classic chicken breast, while the yellow rice and asparagus round out the dish with added nutrients and texture. Plus, with everything cooked in one pan, it’s easy to prepare and perfect for leftovers. If you want to make it healthier you can use whole wheat rolls, or brown rice instead of yellow rice. you can also add more veggies like cherry tomatoes, or red bell pepper. Nutritional information is not available as it depends on the amounts you use and the ingredients you choose. Overall, this recipe is a delicious and easy way to incorporate collard greens into your dinner rotation and enjoy a taste of Southern-style comfort food.
Keywords: Collard greens, dip, chicken breast, yellow rice, asparagus, Hawaiian roll
Longtail keywords: Southern-style cooking, comfort food, healthy meal, one-pan dinner