- 3 Large Corns or 3 cups corn kernels Best if used fresh. Frozen can be used as well.
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Peppers finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Peppers finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Potato, russett finely chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped. De-seed it for less spicy
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 5 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp Butter use oil for vegan recipe
- 2 tsp or to taste Salt
- 1/2 tsp or to taste Black Pepper powder freshly grounded preferred
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour use gluten-free flour if required
- 1 cup MIlk I used 2% milk. You may use heavy cream or half & half for richer recipe
- 1-2 Tbsp Green part of the Scallions/Green Onions
- Sprinkle of Smoked Paprika as Garnish
Gather all your ingredients. Place the inner pot inside the 6 quart Instant Pot and plug it in. Once the screen displays HOT, add Butter in it. Once the butter starts melting, add garlic, jalapeno, and onions to the butter. Saute for 2 minutes till onion becomes slightly soft.
Now add red and green bell peppers. Give it a good stir. Cook for 1 minute. Add cut potatoes and corn to the pot. Give another good stir. Add 5 cups water + salt + black pepper to it. Give another good stir.
Cancel SAUTE MODE.
PRESSURE COOK / MANUAL MODE
Place the Lid on the Instant Pot. Set the FLOATING VALVE to SEALING. Set the Manual / Pressure Cook Mode on MORE & HIGH PRESSURE for 3 MINUTES.
Once the timer goes off, follow QPR (quick pressure release manually). Once the safety valve drops down, carefully open the lid of Instant Pot.
Take a hand blender or immersion blender and blitz through the soup 3-4 times. We do not want a mushy soup/chowder. Blend only a little bit so that it adds a little volume to the chowder.
SAUTE MODE AGAIN
Take a cup and add all purpose flour and milk together to make a smooth paste or slurry. Make sure there is no lump in it.
Press the Saute mode and set on high for 5 Minutes. Let the chowder thicken for 5 minutes. Stir often to avoid burning at the bottom. Your CORN CHOWDER in Instant Pot is ready.
Add garnish and serve it warm.