This crustless quiche brings together a delightful medley of ingredients. Succulent diced ham provides a savory base, while vibrant broccoli florets contribute a fresh, nutritious element. The richness of shredded cheddar cheese binds the components together, creating a harmonious and flavorful filling. The magic lies not only in the taste but also in the simplicity of the preparation.
Preparation: Begin by combining the diced ham, steamed or blanched broccoli florets, and shredded cheddar cheese. This mixture is then evenly spread in a well-greased pie dish, forming the heart of the quiche. In a separate bowl, whisk together four large eggs with a cup of milk. Season the egg mixture with a precise blend of flavors – salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. For an extra layer of aroma, consider adding dried thyme or oregano.
Pour the seasoned egg mixture over the ham, broccoli, and cheese, ensuring it infiltrates every nook and cranny. The result is a visually appealing dish promising a symphony of textures and tastes.
Baking: The assembled quiche is baked to perfection in a preheated oven set at 375°F (190°C). In approximately 25-30 minutes, the quiche emerges with a golden-brown crust and a firm, set interior. Test for doneness by inserting a knife or toothpick into the center – a clean withdrawal signals readiness.
Customization: The beauty of this recipe lies in its adaptability. Tailor the quiche to your liking by incorporating additional herbs, spices, or vegetables. The absence of a crust makes it a low-carb option, appealing to those seeking a lighter alternative without compromising on flavor.
Serving: Allow the freshly baked quiche to cool for a few minutes before slicing into wedges. Each serving encapsulates a harmonious blend of ham, broccoli, and cheese, delivering a satisfying bite. This crustless quiche is versatile enough to grace any mealtime – from a leisurely weekend brunch to a quick and wholesome weeknight dinner. Enhance the experience by pairing it with a crisp salad or a side of fresh fruit, rounding out a meal that is both comforting and nutritionally balanced. Whether catering to dietary preferences or simply seeking a convenient and delectable dish, this crustless quiche with broccoli and ham stands as a testament to the joy of uncomplicated yet flavorful cooking.
Crustless Quiche with Broccoli and Ham
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed or blanched
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme or dried oregano for added flavor
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a pie dish or a quiche pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced ham, steamed or blanched broccoli florets, and shredded cheddar cheese. Spread this mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared pie dish.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and any optional herbs you’d like to add.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ham, broccoli, and cheese in the pie dish.
- Gently stir the ingredients in the pie dish to ensure an even distribution of the filling.
- Place the pie dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the quiche is set and golden brown on top. You can check for doneness by inserting a knife or toothpick into the center – it should come out clean when the quiche is ready.
- Once done, remove the crustless quiche from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.