If you’re someone who loves indulging in crispy and delicious chicken, then you’re in for a treat. In this article, we’ll be discussing a recipe for extra crispy honey baked chicken that will leave your taste buds craving for more. From the ingredients to the cooking process, we’ll cover everything you need to know to make this mouthwatering dish in your own kitchen.
Before we get started, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious extra crispy honey baked chicken:
For the Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cups of corn flakes, crushed
- Cooking spray
For the Honey Glaze
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Now that we have all the ingredients ready, let’s move on to the cooking process.
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Step 2: Prepare the Chicken
Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry with paper towels. In a shallow dish, mix the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. In another shallow dish, beat the eggs and milk together. In a third shallow dish, add the crushed corn flakes.
Step 3: Coat the Chicken
Coat each chicken breast with the flour mixture, then dip them into the egg mixture, and finally coat them with the corn flakes. Place the coated chicken breasts onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Step 4: Bake the Chicken
Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
Step 5: Prepare the Honey Glaze
While the chicken is baking, prepare the honey glaze. In a small saucepan, add the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, olive oil, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture has thickened, for about 5 minutes.
Step 6: Glaze the Chicken
Once the chicken is done baking, remove it from the oven and brush the honey glaze onto each chicken breast. Place the chicken back into the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the glaze has caramelized and the chicken is crispy.
Step 7: Serve and Enjoy
Take the chicken out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley or scallions and enjoy your extra crispy honey baked chicken!
Tips for Making Extra Crispy Honey Baked Chicken
- To make the chicken extra crispy, crush the corn flakes as finely as possible.
- You can marinate the chicken in buttermilk for a few hours before coating it with the flour mixture to make it even more tender and flavorful.
- Make sure the chicken is fully coated with the corn flakes to get that extra crispy texture.
- Don’t over-bake the chicken as it can turn dry and tough.
- Let the chicken cool for a few minutes before serving to allow the glaze to set and prevent it from becoming too runny.
- For a spicier glaze, add more red pepper flakes or some hot sauce to the honey mixture.
- You can also add some chopped ginger or sesame seeds to the honey glaze for some added flavor.