- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken breasts for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until they are fully cooked (reaching an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C). Remove from heat and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring it to a gentle simmer. Let it cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese and stir until it is fully incorporated and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach leaves. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the cooked fettuccine pasta to the skillet and toss until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Slice the grilled chicken and arrange it on top of the pasta.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
Serve hot and enjoy your homemade version of a chicken pasta dish similar to Firebirds’! Remember, this recipe is a recreation and may not be an exact match to the restaurant’s version.