Indulge in the culinary artistry of our gourmet recipe – Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell Peppers – a symphony of flavors that combines the richness of lean ground beef, the warmth of aromatic herbs, and the wholesome goodness of green bell peppers. Elevate your dining experience with this exquisite dish that marries simplicity with sophistication.
Begin with four large, vibrant green bell peppers, meticulously hollowed to serve as the perfect vessel for the decadent filling. A pound of lean ground beef takes center stage, harmonizing with a cup of impeccably cooked rice, finely chopped onions, and minced garlic. The ensemble is further complemented by the inclusion of a can of diced tomatoes, adding a burst of freshness, and a cup of tomato sauce for a velvety texture. The aromatic dance continues with a teaspoon each of dried oregano and basil, creating a medley of fragrances that will tantalize your taste buds.
The Culinary Symphony:
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C), setting the stage for the gastronomic masterpiece to come. Parboil the bell peppers briefly, allowing them to gracefully soften. Meanwhile, in a skillet, the ground beef takes the spotlight, browning to perfection. The addition of finely chopped onions and minced garlic infuses layers of complexity, while the cooked rice binds the elements together.
The crescendo of flavors unfolds with the introduction of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, creating a harmonious blend that simmers to perfection. Sprinkle in dried oregano and basil, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper, culminating in a filling that is not only hearty but also a testament to culinary finesse.
Carefully stuff each bell pepper with this delectable concoction, ensuring a generous portion of the flavorful filling. Place the peppers in a baking dish, and for an optional touch of opulence, crown them with a decadent layer of shredded mozzarella cheese. The baking process, the grand finale, transforms the ensemble into a symphony of textures – tender bell peppers embracing the rich, savory filling, and a golden cheese crown glistening under the oven’s gentle heat.
As the masterpiece emerges from the oven, garnish with a flourish of freshly chopped parsley, adding a burst of color and a final note of freshness. The result is a culinary masterpiece that transcends the ordinary, turning a classic recipe into a gourmet experience.
Savor each bite of these Gourmet Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell Peppers, a dish that seamlessly combines simplicity with sophistication. Perfect for an intimate dinner or a special occasion, this recipe promises to elevate your dining experience and leave a lasting impression. Let your taste buds revel in the symphony of flavors, and indulge in the artistry of culinary excellence.
Ground Beef Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 1 lb (about 450g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the tops off the green bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. If needed, trim the bottoms slightly to make them stand upright.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the bell peppers for about 3-4 minutes to soften them slightly. Remove and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add chopped onions and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté until the onions are softened.
- Stir in the cooked rice, diced tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the beef and rice mixture, pressing down gently to pack the filling.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish. If desired, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.