These tasty sausage rolls are just 1 SmartPoint per roll (or 3 SmartPoints for 2) on Weight Freestyle & Flex plans.
PREP TIME20 mins
COOK TIME30 mins
TOTAL TIME50 mins
COURSEAppetizer, Snack, Treat
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry / filo pastry I used Jusrol
- 4 reduced fat sausages I used M&S skinny sausages
- 30 sprays Frylight / Pam
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp nigella seeds optional
- Preheat the oven to 200oC / 180oC Fan / Gas 6 / 400oF
- Use 10 pumps of spray oil in a frying pan and add the chopped onions. Saute for 6 – 8 minutes, stirring all the time to prevent sticking, until the onions have turned translucent and have started to turn golden. Remove from heat.
- Run a knife along the length sausages and remove the sausage meat from the skin. Discard the skins. Place the meat in a bowl with the onions and mustard. Season well with salt and pepper & then mix to combine all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Carefully place one sheet of filo pastry on a clean work surface. Spray the sheet with 6 – 8 pumps of spray oil. Place the other sheet of filo pastry on top and spray with another 6 – 8 pumps of spray.
- Cut this rectangle of dough in half so that you have two squares. Lay one square on top of the other square. This will give you one square of filo pastry, 4 sheets thick. Cut this square in half and you will be left with 2 rectangular strips of filo pastry.
- Divide the sausage mixture in two and place the meat down the middle of the two strips of filo pastry. Brush the edges of the pastry with some of the beaten eggs and gently roll up.
- Gently turn the rolls over so that the joins are bottom down. Now using a sharp knife, cut each roll into 6. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the sausage rolls with the egg wash and sprinkle with a few nigella seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes until they are cooked through and have turned a golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a bit on a wire rack.
- Best eaten warm!!
Please be aware that the nutritional information below has been automatically generated and does not account for variations in product brands and types, weights of individual ingredients etc. It should therefore be considered as an estimate.
Sausage Rolls | Weight Watchers
Serving Size 1 roll
Amount per Serving
Calories 52 % Daily Value*
Vitamin C 1
Iron1 mg 6%