- Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cups, Stirring Spoon,
- Instant Pot 6 quart or Mealthy Multipot
- Chopping board and knife
- Kitchen Spatula
- 1/2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 large Onion red or white
- 1 large Bell Pepper Green or red or any color or a mix of colored bell peppers
- 1 pack of frozen VEGAN MEATBALLS (1 lb/16 oz.) I used Earth Grown vegan meatballs from Aldi.
- 1 &1/2 cups or 14.5 ounce General Tso’s Asian Sauce I used Fusia brand from Aldi which is clear of any additives & the ingredients are all vegan. You can chose any. Read the instructions.
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes optional
Watch the video. Gather all the ingredients. Always read the notes for recipe options & more tips.
- You can follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter & You-tube for regular updates. And don’t forget to sign up for our E-Letter whenever we publish a new post.
- Peel the onions. Wash onions and Bell peppers. Chop onions and bell peppers into large pieces about 1 inches squares.
- Place inner pot inside the Instant Pot. Plug it in
- Press Saute and set it on high. Once the screen displays HOT, add oil to it. After few seconds, add chopped onion and bell peppers.
- Saute the vegetables for 3-4 minutes. Then add frozen Vegan Meatballs + General Tso’s Sauce + Water to it. Give it a good stir. Make sure to scrape the bottom.
- Cancel the Saute. Place the lid and secure it. Press Pressure Cook Mode and set it on HIGH for 5 MINUTES.
- Once the timer goes off, follow NPR (natural pressure release). Once the safety pin drops, open the lid and give it a good stir scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Vegan General Tso’s Meatballs are ready. Serve these hot with some white rice on the side.
Can I make General Tso’s Sauce at home?
I have used store bought sauce for the recipe. But you can make it at home. Here is the recipe for home-made General Tso’s Sauce.
What to serve with General Tso’s Vegan Meatballs?
You can serve it with white rice on the side. Sauteed broccoli or green beans go very well with it to make a complete meal.
Can I make it in advance?
Absolutely yes. Make it in advance and refrigerate it. It can easily be re-heated.
How to re-heat the dish?
Just microwave it for few minutes and it is done.
Can I double the batch?
Yes you can double the batch easily. The timing will remain the same.
Can I make it on Gas-Top?
For Gas-Top, follow the similar instructions as mentioned for Instant Pot. You might want to thaw the frozen vegan meatballs in advance before adding to the sauce.