- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey, chicken, or pork)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-carb pizza sauce (look for brands with no added sugar)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni or your favorite pizza toppings (e.g., cooked sausage, sliced olives, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for greasing the baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until it’s browned and cooked through. If there’s excess grease, drain it off.
- Add the diced onion, green bell pepper, and minced garlic to the skillet with the cooked ground beef. Cook for a few more minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the low-carb pizza sauce, dried oregano, and dried basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Spread half of the meat and sauce mixture evenly in the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the meat mixture.
- Add half of the sliced pepperoni (or other toppings) on top of the cheese layer.
- Repeat the layers by adding the remaining meat and sauce mixture, followed by the rest of the shredded cheeses and pepperoni.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
You can customize this recipe with your favorite pizza toppings and adjust the seasoning according to your taste. This keto crustless pizza casserole is a flavorful and satisfying dish that will remind you of your favorite pizza without the excess carbs! Enjoy!