This keto French toast is an EASY low carb breakfast made with just 6 ingredients! Ready in just 10 minutes, it is soft and creamy in the middle with a crunchy exterior! 4 grams net carbs per serving.
- ▢8 slices keto bread * See notes
- ▢2 large eggs
- ▢1 cup unsweetened almond milk any milk works
- ▢1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- ▢1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ▢1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢1 tablespoon butter to cook the French toast
- Separate the eight slices of bread and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar substitute, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until smooth and custard-like.
- Add butter to a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Dip the bread in the custard on both sides and let it soak for 15 seconds. Place it in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping once.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
* My favorite low carb bread includes Oroweat bread, Aldi keto bread and Think slim bread.
TO STORE: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
TO FREEZE: Place the cooled French toast in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
TO REHEAT: Either microwave the toast for 20-30 seconds or reheat on a heated non-stick pan.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 96kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 7gFat: 6gSodium: 221mgPotassium: 19mgFiber: 3gVitamin A: 112IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 46mgIron: 1mgNET CARBS: 4g