Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Ready in: 50 mins
- 2 lb Shrimp
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning, click for recipe
- 6 slices Sugar-free Bacon, regular bacon works, but I prefer sugarfree
- 2/3 lb hot chicken chorizo sausage, pork works also – remove the casing
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, about 1 cup, chopped
- 2 Shallots, about 1 cup, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum, or 2 tsp of tapioca starch, or 1 tbsp Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth, or seafood broth
Cheddar Cauliflower Grits
- 16 oz Cauliflower Rice
- 3/4 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Chives
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Sprinkle the shrimp with the cajun seasoning mixture and set aside
Heat 12-in skillet on medium heat
Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, crumble, and set aside.
Cook the chorizo in bacon drippings. Remove from pan and set aside with the bacon
Saute vegetables (shallots, bell peppers, green onions, and garlic) in the bacon and chorizo fat until translucent.
Add the xanthan gum, lemon juice, and broth to the vegetables. Cook until a sauce begins to form (~5 minutes)
Add the chorizo, crumbled bacon and seasoned shrimp into the pan. Cook until the shrimp is pink.
Cauliflower Cheese Grits
Heat a skillet over medium-low heat
Add cream, broth, and cream cheese. Mix until the cream cheese is melted (~5 minutes)
Add cauliflower, butter salt, chives and pepper
Stir on medium-low until the cauliflower rice is tender (~5-10 minutes)
Add cheddar into the pan and allow it to melt
Finish The Dish
Add the cauliflower cheese grits to a bowl.
Top the keto grits with the southern shrimp and serve.
Calories: 579kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 483mg | Sodium: 2490mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2015IU | Vitamin C: 83.7mg | Calcium: 334mg | Iron: 4.4mg