- 2 cups of cooked macaroni
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs (for topping)
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions, then drain and set it aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, stir in the milk and heat until it’s warm but not boiling. Gradually add the shredded cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until the cheese is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. This is your cheese sauce. If desired, add the optional paprika and garlic powder for extra flavor.
- Combine the cooked macaroni and the cheese sauce in a mixing bowl. Mix until the macaroni is evenly coated with the cheese sauce.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (180°C).
- Transfer the macaroni and cheese mixture to an oven-safe dish that fits in your air fryer basket. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Place the dish in the preheated air fryer and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the top is crispy and golden brown. You can check it periodically to ensure it’s cooking to your desired level of crispiness.
- If you want a crunchier top, you can add breadcrumbs during the last few minutes of cooking. Simply sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and continue air frying for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once done, carefully remove the dish from the air fryer and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.