- Avocado or Olive oil spray
- 1 Large Eggplant 1 1/2- 2 lbs washed and unpeeled
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese 9 points ( I used Kraft)
- 3/4 cup jarred pasta or marinara sauce 4 points (I used Stop & Shop)
- * see photo
- 1 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese 1 point
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper optional red pepper flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh basil
Preheat oven to 500 degrees/ Line large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and spray with oil.
Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices.
Place slices on baking sheet, spray with oil and season as per your taste with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Roast for 15 minutes.
Flip eggplant slices and spray oil again. Roast another 15 minutes until browned and tender (fork should pierce easily).
Remove from oven and decrease oven temperature to 425 degrees.
Arrange some of the roasted eggplant slices in a casserole dish you have spritzed with oil. (The size & depth of your dish will determine the amount layers you will get. The dish I used was fairly big so I only made two layers.)
Spread some of the sauce on top of the slices & sprinkle some of the shredded mozzarella. Place some fresh basil leaves.
Repeat this process and complete as many layers as your dish allows.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of the final layer.
Bake the casserole uncovered until golden and bubbly. Approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
Let cool for about 10 minutes. Cut and Enjoy!