For the Keto Pizza Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- A pinch of salt
For the Toppings:
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (look for one with no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of keto-friendly pizza toppings (e.g., pepperoni, olives, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Heat in the microwave in 20-30 second intervals, stirring in between until it’s completely melted and combined. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the almond flour, egg, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt to the melted cheese mixture. Stir until a dough forms.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out into a thin, round pizza crust. You can shape it to your preferred thickness.
- Carefully transfer the crust (with the parchment paper) onto a baking sheet or pizza stone. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, prepare your pizza toppings.
- Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, spread the tomato sauce evenly over the crust, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce, and add your chosen keto-friendly toppings.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the pizza is ready, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a minute before slicing.