- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds + 3 tablespoons water (flax egg)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or any preferred liquid sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking oil for the pan (such as coconut oil or grapeseed oil)
- Prepare the Flax Egg: In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseeds and water. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes to thicken, creating a flax egg.
- Blend the Wet Ingredients: In a blender, combine the cooked quinoa, almond milk, prepared flax egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Mix the Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Pour the blended wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix; a few lumps are okay. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to thicken slightly.
- Cook the Pancakes: Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the surface with cooking oil. Pour a small amount of batter onto the skillet to form pancakes of your desired size.
- Cook Until Bubbles Form: Cook the pancakes until you see bubbles forming on the surface. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and Cook Again: Gently flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until golden brown.
- Repeat and Serve: Continue making pancakes with the remaining batter. You can keep the cooked pancakes warm in a preheated oven (set to low heat) while you finish cooking the rest.
- Enjoy: Serve the Vegan and Gluten-Free Quinoa Pancakes warm with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit, maple syrup, nut butter, or dairy-free yogurt.
Nutritional Information (approximate, per serving, recipe makes about 10 pancakes):
- Calories: ~120
- Protein: ~3g
- Fat: ~2.5g
- Carbohydrates: ~20g
- Dietary Fiber: ~2.5g
- Sugars: ~4g
Please note that nutritional values may vary based on the specific ingredients and measurements you use. If you have specific dietary requirements, consider calculating the exact nutritional information using a nutrition calculator.